Pre-requisite: Scratch 1 or basic working knowledge of Scratch
Dec 28-30, 9:00-10:30am
Are you ready to rescue the winter owl? Our 2nd 3-day winter scratch coding workshop focuses on game design and development. Students go beyond the basics of Scratch coding to increase their skills in storytelling, sequencing, and event-driven programming, hitting enemies with snowballs on their search for the winter owl. While doing so, they develop their skills further in sequencing, common computer science programming structures and problem solving.
Our instructors support and coach students via a daily virtual classroom as they try, fail, and try again to achieve the result they want.
- Use programming logic and math
- Creative Problem solving
- Event-driven programming
Online Club Requirements:
- Mac or Windows PC
- Internet connection with access to Zoom Video Conferencing
- TechVenture Certified Instructor
- Max 8 students per instructor, balancing personalized learning and time to socialize
- 1.5 hour of direct instruction online daily with optional continued learning outside of class