Ages: 8-11 (must turn 8 by 12-31-20)
Have your kids taken more than 1 Scratch coding class already? Read for the more? In this hands-on coding camp,kids continue working in MIT’s Scratch platform to develop and code to their own platformer game.
In TechVenture Kids Online Scratch Code 3: Platformer Games Camp, girls and boys meet virtually each day for lessons, unplugged games, hands-on projects and sharing. Kids learn to become the creators of the computer games they love to play. We’ll emphasize game development along with learning and practicing the rules of gravity as each camper completes their own game.
Prerequisites: Scratch Code 2 or at least 2 prior coding classes or equivalent experience
- Creative Problem solving and sequencing
- Comparison of variables
- Complex nested variables and control loops
Online Camp Technical Requirements:
- Mac or Windows PC that can support Scratch
- WebCam, Headphones (recommended)
- Internet connection and ability to navigate video conferencing
- TechVenture Certified Instructor
- Max 7 students per instructor, balancing personalized learning and time to socialize
- 2 hour of direct instruction each day, Monday-Friday
Learning Platform: Scratch