Ages: 8-11 (must turn 8 by 12-31-20)
Have your kids taken one coding class already? Read for the more? In this hands-on coding camp,kids continue working in MIT’s Scratch platform to write code to make their own arcade-type games..
In TechVenture Kids Online Scratch Code 2: Make Arcade Games Camp, girls and boys meet virtually each day for lessons, unplugged games, hands-on projects and sharing. Kids learn to become the creators of the computer games they love to play like: PacMan, Atari Breakout and Galaxy Alien Shooter.
Prerequisites: Scratch Code 1 or at least 1 prior coding class or equivalent experience
- Creative Problem solving and sequencing
- Comparison of variables
- Complex nested variables and control loops
Online Camp Technical Requirements:
- Mac or Windows PC that can support Scratch
- WebCam, Headphones (recommended)
- Internet connection and ability to navigate video conferencing
- TechVenture Certified Instructor
- Max 7 students per instructor, balancing personalized learning and time to socialize
- 2 hour of direct instruction each day, Monday-Friday
Learning Platform: Scratch