Ages: 8-11 (must turn 7 by 12-31-20)
Do your kids love playing computer games? Enrich the gaming experience by giving your kids the chance to design and program their own computer games at home this summer. Kids learn to harness the power of technology using MIT’s Scratch platform to write code.
In TechVenture Kids Online SCRATCH:Intro to Scratch Camp, girls and boys meet virtually each day for lessons, unplugged games, hands-on projects and sharing. See online camp requirements below. Kids learn to become the creators of the computer games they love to play like “ Find the Hidden Object” and their own “Maze Game”.
As an added bonus, your kids can continue to create with code all summer with their new knowledge from camp and free access to Scratch!
- Creative Problem solving and sequencing
- Design and sprite animation
- Conditional statements and control loops
- Introduction to Variables
Online Camp Technical Requirements:
- Mac or Windows PC that can support Scratch
- Headphones (recommended)
- Internet connection and ability to navigate video conferencing
- TechVenture Certified Instructor
- Max 7 students per instructor, balancing personalized learning and time to socialize
- 2 hour of direct instruction each day, Monday-Friday
Learning Platform: Scratch