Beginner – Intermediate
7 weeks, Wednesdays
In this TechVenture Kids Online Mini Robots code club, girls and boys meet “virtually” each Wednesday to learn about computer science and robotics, working with the world’s smallest, smart robot, the Ozobot. This tiny robot is great for our video conferenced classes, since it runs on top of a table or desk, making it easy to observe students interacting with the robot. For local students, Ozobots are available to borrow from TechVenture Kids for the duration of this class. Just include your fully refundable deposit when registering and we’ll contact you to arrange delivery of the Ozobot and accessories before class starts.
In this class, kids learn and experiment with basic coding concepts like sequencing and loops. We’ll talk about concepts like random and sequence as well as learn a bit about what parts make up robots. With creative projects, video lessons and live video conferencing, we challenge students to solve problems, while they are engaged in the fun of controlling robots.
Our VIRTUAL CODE CLUB is the perfect, home-based option for kids needing educationally enriched activities, experienced instructor guidance, peer to peer encouragement and socializing that they always received in our in-classroom classes.
- Creative Problem solving
- Sequence and Logic applications
- What are robots and sensors
- basic coding concepts
Online Camp Requirements:
- Mac or Windows PC or tablet with a webcam
- Internet connection with access Zoom Video Conferencing
- Ozobot (on loan from TechVenture Kids or use your own)
- TechVenture Certified Instructor
- Max 7 students per instructor, balancing personalized learning and time to socialize
- a total of 7 hours of direct instruction
Learning Platform: Ozobots