Ages: 9-11 (must turn 9 by 12-31-20)
4 days only (Mon – Thurs)
Prerequisite: Minecraft play experience
Do you enjoy building or creating in Minecraft? In this fun online camp, kids are inspired to control the rules of their creative Minecraft world with code. Using Microsoft’s Minecraft Education platform, we provide an immersive learning experience where students can quickly build structures with code, like staircases, houses and mazes for a world of their imagination. Students work independently and can choose to collaborate with one another in a multiplayer world. Instructors support and coach students via a virtual classroom as they try, fail, and try again to achieve the result they want. During this week-long journey online, kids learn the fundamentals of computer science and exercise 21st Century problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Creative mod planning and sequencing
- Event-driven programming
- Variables and math operators
- If-else statements and control loops
Online Club Requirements:
- Mac or Windows PC that can support Minecraft Education Edition
- Internet connection and Zoom Video Conferencing or Google Meetings
- MEE account will be provided to all students by TechVenture Kids
- TechVenture Certified Instructor
- Max 7 students per instructor, balancing personalized learning and time to socialize
- 2 hour of direct instruction and individual support each day, Monday-Friday, with up to 1 hour self-paced work at home
Technology: Minecraft Education Edition.