Prerequisite: Minecraft play experience
Dec 28-30, 9:30am-11am
December is here and it’s time for a SNOW BALL FIGHT!
This 3-day workshop is a winter themed Minecraft mods class where students code all the winter essentials to fight of attacking mobs and players, and rescue a polar bear.
Whether you’re new to Minecraft mods or have taken a class with us before, this winter workshop explores unique mod coding challenges, where students are inspired to control the rules of their survival Minecraft world with code. We use Microsoft’s Minecraft Education platform to provide an immersive learning experience for coding, play testing and collaboration with other players. Our workshops and classes develop 21st Century problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Creative mod planning and sequencing
- Spawning mobs, random positioning, fill blocks
- Variables and math operators
- If-else statements and control loops
Online Class Requirements:
- Mac or Windows PC that can support Minecraft Education Edition
- Internet connection and Zoom Video Conferencing
- MEE account will be provided to all students by TechVenture Kids
TechVenture Online Classes:
- TechVenture Certified Instructors support and coach students via a virtual classroom, as they try, fail, and try again to achieve the result they want
- Max 8 students per instructor, balancing personalized learning and time to socialize
- 1.5 hour of direct instruction online daily with optional continued learning outside of class
Technology: Minecraft Education Edition.