Prerequisite: Minecraft play experience
Dec 21-23, 9:30am-11am
Winter is coming…How long can you survive in Minecraft?
This 3-day workshop is a winter themed Minecraft mods class students learn to code survival commands to survive in a snow biome, and shape blocks to build a flying course. Whether you’re new to Minecraft mods or have taken a class with us before, this winter workshop explores unique mod coding challenges, where students are inspired to control the rules of their survival Minecraft world with code. We use Microsoft’s Minecraft Education platform to provide an immersive learning experience for coding, play testing and collaboration with other players. Our workshops and classes develop 21st Century problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Creative mod planning and sequencing
- Event-driven programming
- Variables and math operators
- If-else statements and control loops
Online Class Requirements:
- Mac or Windows PC that can support Minecraft Education Edition
- Internet connection and Zoom Video Conferencing
- MEE account will be provided to all students by TechVenture Kids
TechVenture Online Classes:
- TechVenture Certified Instructors support and coach students via a virtual classroom, as they try, fail, and try again to achieve the result they want
- Max 8 students per instructor, balancing personalized learning and time to socialize
- 1.5 hour of direct instruction online daily with optional continued learning outside of class
Technology: Minecraft Education Edition.