Explore real-world hardware and coding circuits while solving challenges within a Minecraft adventure game. In this hybrid learning class, students delve into the thrilling world of engineering, electricity, switches and more. To learn more about how and why computers work, we’ve chosen Piper computer kits. Once students receive their loaner kits, they follow a blueprint map to build a mini computer at home, and then assemble electronics and circuits to solve puzzles and challenges within raspberry pi Minecraft.
- Assembling parts following a blueprint
- Gain skills in mechanics, electronics, circuitry
- Intro to how hardware and software work together
Hybrid Class Requirements:
- Mac or Windows PC
- Internet connection with access to Zoom Video Conferencing
- A refundable deposit for the computer kit, with option to purchase at a greatly discounted price
- Your instructor will reach out to you to before class begins to schedule a kit pickup location and time
- TechVenture Certified Instructor
- Max 8 students per instructor, balancing personalized learning and time to socialize
- Every week: 1 hour of direct instruction plus 30-45 minutes continued learning at home
Siblings: If you have two siblings at home who’d like to take this class together, we recommend they build and learn together with one kit, and both can participate in the weekly class. Choose the Class fee for 2 Siblings ticket.